Yesterday I told you to read my other post on uploading a LM2005 PowerPoint deck to LM2007. Well, I cheated. There was no post. Until now! The following instructions I received from a fellow MCT, who got it from somebody at MSL. No secret, just good advice.
When uploading a PowerPoint presentation that includes Live Meeting 2005 slides, inserted from the Live Meeting 2005 Add-in for PowerPoint, to a Live Meeting 2007 meeting, you may receive an error. The work-around is to convert the PowerPoint (PPT) file to a Live Meeting Presentation (LMP) file, then upload the LMP file to the meeting using the Alternate Uploader.
- Verify the Live Meeting 2005 Windows-based Meeting Console is installed on your computer. Click on the Live Meeting 2005 Windows-based link to connect to the installation page.Note: Installing the Live Meeting 2005 Windows-based console will not interfere with the Live Meeting 2007 Windows-based console. Each console runs separate of each other.
- Verify the Live Meeting 2005 Add-in for PowerPoint is installed on a computer running PowerPoint 2003. Click on the Live Meeting 2005 Add-in link to connect to the installation page.
- Open the presentation in PowerPoint 2003.
- Convert the PowerPoint (PPT) file to a Live Meeting Presentation (LMP).
- In PowerPoint 2003, click Export from the Live Meeting 2005 Add-in.
- Browse to the location you would like to save the file.
- Enter the name of the file.
- Click Save.
- Upload the Live Meeting Presentation (LMP) to a meeting that is already scheduled.
- Log into your Live Meeting 2007 conference center.
- Click Meetings under the Manage menu.
- On the Manage Meetings page, click subject of the meeting you would like to upload the file to. This will direct you to the Meeting Details page.
- On the Meeting Details page, on the right-side of the page, click Upload Files under the Action menu. This will direct you the to Upload Files page that contains the Alternate Uploader.
- On the Upload Files page, you will be prompted to install an ActiveX control. The ActiveX control must be installed to upload the file.
- After the ActiveX control is installed click Browse to find the Live Meeting Presentation (LMP) file you created in step 3.
- Click Upload.
- Click Done once all the files have been uploaded.
- Join the meeting as a Presenter and verify all the Live Meeting slides created by the Live Meeting 2005 Add-in for PowerPoint are displaying correctly
The important thing to remember here, is to upload the .lmp file via the web interface. If you try to upload the .ppt or .lmp file via the LM Console, it'll tell you off. Also if you try to upload the .ppt via the web interface. The only combination that worked for me was exported .lmp via web.